Online Crop Insurance System
Crop insurance is purchased by agricultural producers, including farmers, ranchers, and others to protect themselves against either the loss of their crops due to natural disasters, such as hail, drought, and floods, or the loss of revenue due to declines in the prices of agricultural commodities. The two general categories of crop insurance are called crop-yield insurance and crop-revenue insurance.
Crop Insurance System is aweb based application designed for a group of farmers and government, which supports the maintenance activities of Insurance Policies and their procedures in maintaining various types of policies, with the corresponding details of Policy holders involved in the policy maintenance and etc. This web based system design maintains the details of the government offering various types of insurance policies, and the detailed information of policy holders with their corresponding policies. The design aims at maintaining the customer records and the customers a facility to access the information of policies their descriptions, which include starting date, renewal date, premium payable, claims information, date of maturity and etc..
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
In the existing manual System, applying and claiming of insurance was not done 100% accurately for various reasons. In existing system manual procedure is followed where records are used to maintain data which is a time taking process and require more man power and calculating commissions dues, etc., are done manually.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- In the existing system, there is no online web application available to report crop insurance. In order to report any queries related with insurance schemes, people have to contact insurance office directly.
- Maintaining information and retrieving information according to our needs are limited.Computerization is economical both in terms of economy and manpower uses.
- Manually maintaining the data’s is tedious and tedious and sometimes information maybe lost or overloaded by human.
An online solution is very useful as the solution is inherentlydistributive. This distributive characteristic of the online solution helps in getting the different types of insurance policies and the detailed information of policy holders with their corresponding policies.
Our proposed system is very easy and helpful for farmers to apply insurance, select insurance plan, claim insurance and display dues, etc.
The main object of this project is to design and develop computerized system, whichwould be helpful to carry out the insurance plans based on the crop and areain the easy manner. The newly proposedsystem eliminates the manual problems and tie consumption, There is no chance of errors whileretrieving records using this proposed systems.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- In our proposed system there is no need of human interference in calculating any details. Total work is done using management system which will save time and less paper work and even human resource.
- It is proposed to make the new system extremely user friendly with well-designed screens and limited inputs and required amount of outputs.
- The present system insists for systematic collection of data without missing the important details.
The system after careful analysis has been identified to be presented with the following modules
Administrator (i.e., government)will categorize the insurance plans based on the area, crop, and duration period. They can also manage all the queries from the farmers. Admin can also maintain all the records related to the insurance policies and policy holders.
Farmers can seek for an appropriate insurance scheme for their crops which is available in the government portal. They apply for the insurance policy with the required inputs. They make queries related to the insurance schemes to the admin. They claim to the crop policy when occasion occurs. Farmers can also view the statements about their dues.
In this module, admin can view the claim request from the policy holders. Admin also checks for the periodic updates of the policy accounts. Before approval of the claim, admin will verify the truthness of the claim.
- System : Pentium Dual Core.
- Hard Disk : 120 GB.
- Monitor : 15’’ LED
- Input Devices : Keyboard, Mouse
- Ram : 1 GB
- Operating system : Windows 7.
- Coding Language : NET,C#.NET
- Tool : Visual Studio 2008
- Database : SQL SERVER 2005