College Admission Predictor
Students struggle mightily to get accepted into the college of their choice. The present engineering admissions process is a little challenging when it comes to picking the right college based on test results and areas of interest. For candidates to fill out the application form correctly, they must make decisions that take into account their academic performance and entrance exam results. Numerous colleges provide a variety of engineering courses. Students find it difficult to arrange and list the appropriate institutions of their choice for courses based on their performance score. In this project, we suggest a web-based application called the College Admittance Predictor, which allows students to register with information about their names and academic records in order to predict their admission to colleges. The administrator can then assign seats to the applicants. The project’s primary benefit is the computerization of the admission seat allocation procedure. The entire admission allocation process took less time overall, and the allocation process moved more quickly. The online application has an intuitive user interface. It asks the user to enter certain required information and gives the user the likelihood that the user will be admitted to the college. Additionally, the student has access to a list of institutions based on the criteria chosen, which may be utilised to apply throughout the admissions process. In order to effectively get admission in the most suitable and preferred college in a hassle-free manner, the students would benefit from using our application.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
- Today all the work at the time of admission of the students is done manually by ink and paper, which is very slow and consuming much efforts and time. In the modern world of technology, computer are affecting our lives in more ways than we probably are aware of computerized management maintaining information of an educational institute, colleges, other the list is endless.
- Today in college’s student details are entered manually .The student details in separate records are tedious task. Referring to all these records updating is needed. There is a chance for more manual errors
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- Require much man power i.e. much efforts, much cost and hard to operate and maintain.
- Since, all the work is done in papers so it is very hard to locate a particular student record when it is required.
- The main goal of the system is to automate the process carried out in the organization with improved performance and realize the vision of paperless admission. To minimize the stress of students we came up with the idea of a computer aided method which will help the students get the list of all colleges in which they could get the admission at the click of a button, making the admission process fast and easy.
- College admission predictor is a boon to many students. This helps the student not only to help in filling out the application forms but also give the students an idea about their future college by calculating their cut off.
- When students come from rural places, they find it hard to go along with the formal procedures. So, this application helps them a lot and eases out their fear.
- Whatever may be their scores, this application helps to find the best colleges. Hence, our proposed computer aided system will help the students to get the list of all colleges in which they could get the admission at the click of a button.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- Centralized data handling: Transfer the data smoothly to all the departments involved and handle the data centralized way
- Paperless admission with reduced man power: Reduce the manpower needed to perform the entire admission and administration task by reducing the paper works
- Cost cutting: Reduce the cost involved in the admission process.
- Operational efficiency: Improve the operational efficiency by improving the quality of the process.
- Manage large number of student details
- Reduce the work load in interview the students for selection
- It helps student for making decision for choosing a right college.
- Here the chance of occurrence of error is less when compared with the existing system.
- It is fast, efficient, reliable and Very user-friendly
- Easy accessibility of data
In this module, Student can register their details to the database. After getting registered student can search college by and get resultant college details according to their respective cut-off, after that student can give feedback to the admin. Student can register themselves using web portal by entering their personal as well as marks details. Once registration is successful, they can login and view colleges allotted based on their marks.
Register: Student will register themselves to the system by providing name, email ID, marks etc.
View College: Student will be provided an option to show colleges near him and will show all the colleges based on his score.
Feedback: Student can send the feedback to notify the admin about the system.
In this module, Admin can add college details and can view Student details and can view student feedbacks. Admin manages all the system related task such as adding college details, specifying cut-off details, managing college details, viewing student’s details and viewing feedback from registered students.
- System : Pentium i3 Processor
- Hard Disk : 500 GB.
- Monitor : 15’’ LED
- Input Devices : Keyboard, Mouse
- Ram : 4 GB
- Operating system : Windows 10.
- Coding Language : JAVA
- Tool : Netbeans 8.2
- Database : MYSQL