College Management System
The Web has become a widely used term in academia and the industry. Education has not remained unaware of this trend, and several educational solutions based on Web technologies are already in place, especially for software as a service Web.However, an evaluation of the educational potential of infrastructure and platform Web has not been explored yet. An evaluation of which type of Web would be the most beneficial for students to learn, depending on the technical knowledge required for its usage, is missing. This evaluation tries to answer the question whether Web technologies can be useful in educational by focusing students in the actual tasks at hand. This study demonstrates that platform Web are valued by both students and professors to achieve the course objectives and that Web offer a significant improvement over the previous situation in labs where much effort was devoted to setting up the software necessary for course activities. These results most strongly apply to courses in which students interact with resources that are non-self-contained but could also apply to other science disciplines that involve programming or performing virtual experiments.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
- The main problem projected is that pupil’s particulars are reported manually in distinct records, which is a laborious job. Handling and updating these records manually increase the chances of mistakes. It takes a lot of time and needs many employees to accomplish the task. It even lacks security and disability to produce various types of reports.
- They imply a high entry barrier for educators and students who have to learn the new tools. This is a well-known problem related to the usage of IT solutions as education-supporting elements
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- No User Friendly
- Manual Operation
- No Security Features
- HIGHER education is characterized by “the tension between the offered quality and the drive to provide affordable higher education to more and more people
- Also, SOA and Grid solutions, as with many other computing technologies, require certain hardware and software infrastructure to be setup before they can be used for lab assignments. This demands specialized technical skills from both professors and students to set up the experimental environment. These tasks often distract students from the real goals of the course since they are focusing their effort on peripheral tasks more related to system administration than to the course topics.
- This is a web-related application that permits us to approach the entire knowledge regarding the college, employees, students, faculties etc. This application is also called as College management system. It offers an actual trip of the college campus. Here we would gain the recent knowledge regarding the students and employees. This general application planned for aiding the students of an organization about details on the courses, subjects, classes, assignments, grades and time-table. It also allows the faculty to know his time-table, upload assignments and issue circulars to the pupil. The administrator would maintain the accounts of the pupil and staff, prepares the time-table and upload the current information regarding the campus.
- In order to solve these problems, a new system has been created, that attempts to operate the whole procedure considering the database integration approach.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- Several controls help the application to be friendly to the users.
- The entire project maintenance is made simpler and more adaptable.
- Internet access is possible.
- Several tiers have been employed to offer file upload and mail characteristics.
- During the process of project progression, there is no chance of data mishandling.
- It offers great degree of security employing various protocols.
- Reports Generation
This module gives the information about:
- Course: This contains the information about the number of the courses offered by the college andnumber of seats present in each.
- Department Management: Admin should be able to create the departments and delete if required.
- Section CreationAdmin should be able to create the sections for each course and assign the seats for the same
- Subject Management :Admin should be able to create the subjects for particular department/course
- Subject Mapping :Subjects should be assigned to a particular fcaulty and section
- StaffManagement : This contains the number of staff available in each department and admin should be able to add new staff or delete the same
- Syllabus: This provides the academic syllabus of the students from different branches.
- Announcements: Admin should able to post information regarding the events in the college, public holidays etc.,
This module deals mainly with:
- Staff Profile: This provides personal details of the staff.
- View Student Details: This provides the staff to view the student details in his section namely
- Attendance: This provides the staff with his/her attendance details and leave balance details
- Announcements: Staff should be able to post their course material, teaching plan ,assignments and due dates for the submission etc,
This module gives information about,
- Student Profile: This provides personal details of the student.
- Marks: This provides the internal/external marks of a student.
- Attendance: This provides the student with his/her attendance details.
- Remarks: It contains the remarks written by the faculties about a student.
- Schedule: This has the various examinations schedules and exam timetables.
- In this module, an automatic process of generating the reports will be done.
- The day to day login Activity by the Faculty, will be updated in the Database and the same data will be used to generate the reports of a particular subject for which the concerned faculty has given the responsibility to update the course material and the status of the pool of completed topics.
- These reports can be viewed even by the H\higher authorities like the Head of the Departments and the remarks will be given for the work done by the faculty.
- System : Pentium IV 2.4 GHz.
- Hard Disk : 40 GB.
- Floppy Drive : 1.44 Mb.
- Monitor : 15 VGA Colour.
- Mouse : Logitech.
- Ram : 512 Mb.
- Operating system : – Windows XP.
- Coding Language : J2EE
- Data Base : MYSQL