E-Commerce based Online Shopping Cart
Online shopping is the process whereby consumers directly buy goods, services etc from a seller interactively in real-time without an intermediary service over the Internet. If an intermediary service is present the process is called electronic commerce. An online shop, eshop, e-store, internet shop, webshop, webstore, online store, or virtual store evokes the physical analogy of buying products or services at a bricks-and-mortar retailer or in a shopping mall.
The metaphor of an online catalog is also used, by analogy with mail order catalogs. All types of stores have retail web sites, including those that do and do not also have physical storefronts and paper catalogs. Online shopping is a form of electronic commerce used for business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) transactions.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
Simple systems allow the offline administration of products and categories. The shop is then generated as HTML files and graphics that can be uploaded to a webspace. These systems do not use an online database.
- A high end solution can be bought or rented as a standalone program or as an addition to an enterprise resource planning program. It is usually installed on the company’s own webserver and may integrate into the existing supply chain so that ordering, payment, delivery, accounting and warehousing can be automated to a large extent.
- Other solutions allow the user to register and create an online shop on a portal that hosts multiple shops at the same time.
- Open source shopping cart packages include advanced platforms such as Interchange, and off the shelf solutions as Avactis, Satchmo, osCommerce, Magento, Zen Cart, VirtueMart, Batavi and PrestaShop.
- Commercial systems can also be tailored to ones needs so that the shop does not have to be created from scratch. By using a framework already existing, software modules for different functionalities required by a web shop can be adapted and combined.
- Online stores are usually available 24 hours a day, and many consumers have Internet access both at work and at home.
- Other establishments such as internet cafes and schools provide access as well. A visit to a conventional retail store requires travel and must take place during business hours.
- Searching or browsing an online catalog can be faster than browsing the aisles of a physical store.
- One can avoid crowded malls resulting in long lines, and no parking. Consumers with dial-up Internet connections rather than broadband have much longer load times for content-rich web sites and have a considerably slower online shopping experience.
- Some consumers prefer interacting with people rather than computers because they find computers hard to use.
- Not all online retailers have succeeded in making their sites easy to use or reliable. On the other hand, a majority of stores have made it easy to find the style one is looking for, as well as the price range that is acceptable making the shopping experience quick and efficient.
- The internet has made shopping an almost effortless task.
- In existing system shopping can done in a manual way, the customer has to go for shopping, and then he is having the possibility to choose the products what ever he wants.
- It is a time consuming process.
- Thus, the system has to be automated.
PROBLEMS IN EXISTING SYSTEM
- In Existing System the Customer is completely depending on the manual process for buying the products.
- Manual process is a time consuming factor. And when customer approaches for a manual shopping directly, actually he/she does not have an idea about things like, price range, items, etc.,
- The time which has been spent by the customer in manual shopping can equates to multiple number of shopping. As customer can sit at home and browse in a fraction of seconds.
- Thus we need to change to a system like “Online Shopping “.
- Sends receipt to customer
- Accommodates up to four types of shipping
- Allows owner to predefine sales tax based a specific state
- Tracks purchases even if user clicks the back button
- Register (for new users)
- Login (Existing users)
- View Products by product category
- Select products and add them to cart.
- View cart contents
- Pay pricing
Register (for new users)
New user can register can register at this part of the project. Here user means client who enters into the web site.
Login (Existing users)
This part of the project for the previous clients of the site, whose are already registered at here they can login and view the related things to them selves and they can do shopping over here.
View Products by product category
This is the display view of the products. Here user can view and select the desired products. And these he can add to the cart.
View cart contents
User can view their selected products or items. And they can update or delete their products.
This is the payment part of the project user can pay their price to products through credit cards, debit cards and etc…..
The mode of pay through online.
This is report generation module of the project. Here the user can receive the acknowledge messages from the server system.
Technology : ASP.NET with Ajax
Programming Language : C#.NET
Database : SQL Server
Tool : Rational Rose
Application Server : IIS
- Pentium IV processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 80GB HDD