e-Cramming (A Learning Management System)
E- Cramming is a platform for implementing e-learning in schools and colleges that will coordinate and manage the demands of the e-learning. E- Cramming will create an e-learning environment for sharing information and creation of knowledge with an amazing range of choices to make e-learning a more suitable and appealing resource.Students today are exposed to loads of technology and information at home and in the market place. They look forward to their schools and colleges to best understand and utilize this information and technology. The industrial method of teaching wherein all students take the same curriculum, are evaluated on the same parameters and are expected to have similar knowledge leaves the student & society desiring for more.
The project has been planned to be having the view of distributed architecture, with centralized storage of the database. The application for the storage of the data has been planned. Using the constructs of MS-SQL Server and all the user interfaces has been designed using the ASP.Net technologies. The database connectivity is planned using the “SQL Connection” methodology. The standards of security and data protective mechanism have been given a big choice for proper usage. The application takes care of different modules and their associated reports, which are produced as per the applicable strategies and standards that are put forwarded by the administrative staff.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
It is having lots of manual work (Manual work need not mean that you are working with pen and paper, it can also include working on spread sheets and other simple software). It is limited to a single system. It is time consuming process as the user has to learn and use the dbase commands. A user who wants to have any information has to contact the administrator every time. The present system is less secure.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- It is limited to a single system.
- It is less user-friendly.
- It is having lots of manual work (Manual system does not mean that you are working with pen and paper, it also include working on spread sheets and other simple software’s).
- It is unable to generate different kinds of report.
- It doesn’t have the mail and file upload feature.
- It is time consuming process as the user has to type the dbase commands. He has to remember all the commands which are difficult.
- A user who wants only to have some information has to contact the administrator every time.
- Using the MS-Access they are able to store only 2500 records only.
- The present system is very less secure
The proposed system is a web based application and maintains a centralized repository of all related information. The system allows a user to logon after registration and permits the user to view contents of any select subject or topic of interest. The system provides easy to use interfaces and convenient navigation mechanisms. The system presents the contents in a modular manner and readable format.
Learning Made Simple – Portal is a platform for implementing e-learning initiative in schools and colleges that will coordinate and manage the demands of the e-learning. Learning Made Simple – Portal aims at complementing the efforts of the schools and colleges to impart better education. Learning Made Simple – Portal will create an e-learning environment for schools and colleges for sharing information and creation of knowledge with an amazing range of choices to make e-learning a more suitable and appealing resource.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- User friendliness is provided in the application with various controls.
- The system makes the overall project management much easier and flexible.
- Readily upload the latest updates, allows user to download the alerts by clicking the URL.
- There is no risk of data mismanagement at any level while the project development is under process.
- It provides high level of security with different level of authentication.
- System : Pentium Dual Core.
- Hard Disk : 120 GB.
- Monitor : 15’’ LED
- Input Devices : Keyboard, Mouse
- Ram : 1 GB.
- Operating system : Windows 7.
- Coding Language : NET,C#.NET
- Tool : Visual Studio 2008
- Database : SQL SERVER 2005