E-Stamp Authentication using visual cryptography
Visual Cryptography is a special encryption technique to hide information in images in such a way that it can be decrypted by the human visual system. The benefit of the visual secret sharing scheme is in its decryption process where without any complex cryptographic computation encrypted data is decrypted using Human Visual System (HVS). But the encryption technique needs cryptographic computation to divide the image into a number of parts let n. k-n secret sharing scheme is a special type of Visual Cryptographic technique where at least a group of k shares out of n shares reveals the secret information, less of it will reveal no information.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
Stamp Paper scam was a big blow in Indian History,Government losses several crores of rupees in this scam.Government is taking many steps to stop these types of scams.In this system we are providing a solution to identify the stamppaper is released by government or it is duplicated one usingVisual Cryptography concept.
In EVCS (Extended VisualCryptography Scheme), the part of the information about theoriginal share images may appear in the recovered secretimage. It’s hard to eradicate and this become a challengingproblem.
Half toning visual cryptographic method produces abinary image which is composed of black and white pixels.And the image obtained is of low quality.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- The existing system is applied for black and white images.
- The obtained image is of low quality.
- The size of the shares increases.
- It requires more computations.
To develop a web based application which will generate the“e-stamp papers” with authentication, so that we can able tofind whether the stamp paper is original or duplicate. In ourpaper we have proposed a new k-n secret sharing scheme forcolor image where encryption (Division) of the image is doneusing “Random Number generator”.Using the key, the image is first encrypted then divided into anumber of shares. If the intruder gets k number of sharesshe/he cannot be able to decrypt it if the key is not known toher/his. For key, combinations of character or number can beused. The change of higher bits make the image more blur, sothe key can be applied on the higher bits of each pixels.Encryption can be done by left or right shift of bits of eachpixel of the original image.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- Visual cryptography technique is used to make the data secure.
- We have proposed a technique of well known k-n secret sharing but on color images. And the recovered image is of high quality.
- At the time of dividing an image into n number of shares we have used random number generator.
- This technique needs very less mathematical calculation compare with other existing techniques of visual cryptography on color images.
- Each share reflects very little or even no informationregarding the original image to human eye hence theintruder has less chance to get the whole information..
- System : Pentium Dual Core.
- Hard Disk : 120 GB.
- Monitor : 15’’ LED
- Input Devices : Keyboard, Mouse
- Ram : 1 GB.
- Operating system : Windows 7.
- Coding Language : NET, C#.NET
- Tool : Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Database : SQL SERVER 2005