Export Management System
The system entitled “EXPORT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” is windows application software which attempts to integrate all departments and functions across a company onto a single computer system that can serve all those departments’ particular needs. It has been designed and developed by using Microsoft Visual Basic.Net as Front-End tool and MS SQL Server 7.0 as back-end tool.
Each of those departments typically has its own computer system optimized for the particular ways that the department does its work. But EMS combines them all together into a single, integrated software program that runs off a single database so that the various departments can more easily share information and communicate with each other.
EMS vanquishes the old stand alone computer systems in manufacturing, dye house and warehouse and replaces them into a single unified software program divided into several modules that roughly approximate the old standalone systems.
Manufacturing, dye house and warehouse all still get their own software, except now the software is linked together so that finance can look into the warehouse software to see if an order has been shipped.
EMS software is flexible enough that the user can install some modules without buying the whole package.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
The existing system maintained the data manually. The data maintenance adopted by the system is not systematic. The personal details about the customers, the transactions made with the customer in various countries, Bill of material details, Receipt details, Finished Goods Stock, Packing Details, each of these are maintained manually in a separate register. Maintaining data becomes difficult, when the details are maintained in the form of hard copy.
- Highly Expensive.
- Storing data and retrieval becomes very difficult.
- It is not computerized and hence not systematic.
- Lack of database security.
- Same data are stored in more than one location.
- Access speed is less for searching and modifying data.
- The customers are not aware of the products, which the organization deals with.
- The company could not inform to all the customers about the launching of new products, offers, change in prices.
The need for the proposed system arises from the limitations of the existing system, which is a manual one. To develop user friendly software that meets the user needs any time.
Information can be created and altered by administrator. In the system the customer can access the product catalogs of the organization
- Expense becomes less.
- Large volumes of data can be stored with ease.
- Security is assured.
- Maintenance of file is flexible.
- Stored data and procedures can be easily edited.
- Easy report generation.
- Less manpower required.
- Customer Order
- Bill Of Material
- Finished Goods Movement
- Customer Order
The customer order module receives the order given by the customer.
- Obtains information about the items ordered.
- Create an automatic order no and store personal details.
- Maintains the details about the customers.
- Get in touch with the right people in the company through phone, fax, mails or personal meetings
- When the order is confirmed by the head, the orders are accepted and the status is updated. Then the order report is forwarded to the next department Bill of Material.
- Bill of Material
The bill of material module retrieves the raw material and component specifications for the items ordered by the customer.
- Information about each item is displayed.
- Specifications for each item are displayed.
- Amendment yarn request is made.
- Wastage yarn request is made.
The Total Bill of material for an item can retrieved easily to produce the item.
The Purchase order department is given requisition to raise purchase order from various departments. Based upon the quotations from the vendors purchase order is raised and rate is calculated with tax.
Delivery Chelan is produced by purchase department when ordered items are received.
- Finished Goods Movement
The Finished Goods Inventory module maintains all the finished goods stock and at last it is sent to packing department.
Packing may be of different methods, styles and labels according to the customer.
- Create label for each box.
- The box is being scanned.
- Based upon the barcode and when ever the box is scanned.
- After it is sent to packing list
- Finally invoice is generated for the packing list.
- Processor : Pentium IV
- Processor Speed : 1.7 GHz
- Memory (RAM) : 256 MB
- Hard Disk : 10 GB
- Floppy Drive : 3 ½ “1.44 MB Drive
- Monitor : Acer Color Monitor
- Keyboard : 104 keys Acer Keyboard
- Mouse : Acer Optical Mouse
- Operating System : Windows XP
- Software Tools : Visual basic .Net
- Database : MS SQL Server 2005