Online Voting System | Online Election System
The project “Online Election System” / “Online Voting Software” aims at making the voting process easy in any type of elections. Presently voting is performed using ballot paper and the counting is done manually, hence it consumes a lot of time. There can be possibility of invalid votes. All these make election a tedious task. In recent times in India, due to elections the second wave of COVID transmission also made huge loss of human lives. In our proposed system voting and counting is done with the help of computer in Online. It saves time, avoid error in counting and there will be no invalid votes. It makes the election process easy. It also avoids the process of physical touching or visiting any places and so in the time of pandemic too it will be more helpful to conduct elections. The system deals with the online voting and its details. Allows the user to vote for the candidate online. Can get the details of the candidate and voter as well. Without the wastage of time the citizen can vote the respective candidate. In present existing system we are using ballot paper and counting the number of votes, it takes the lot of time to for the existing process, to overcome the drawbacks in the existing system this particular system was proposed to mark our work much easier and to reduce wastage of time. And more over we doesn’t gets the accurate results in the present existing system. So there is a need for Online Voting Systems.
PROJECT OUTPUT VIDEO:
- Existing system is a manual one in which users and the details of the candidates are stored in books. The users have to wait a long time in queues for voting. Wrong and unwanted votes are given. Counting of votes are done manually which takes lots of time and inaccurate counting is done. It is very difficult to maintain historical data.
- In the existing system, there is compulsory need in physical presence in the time of election polling or vote counting.
DISADVANTAGES OF EXISTING SYSTEM:
- If elections are conducted in existing system model in the pandemic time, then there is sure spread of disease like COVID, which happened in the recent elections in India.
- It is difficult to maintain important information in books.
- More manual hours are needed for counting of votes.
- It is tedious to manage historical data which needs much space to keep all the information regarding the voters and the candidates.
- Voters have to wait in long queues for voting they have to travel long distances.
- The Online Voting System is a software application which avoids more manual hours that need to spend in record keeping and calculating votes. Through this the users and the candidates are registered online. Their information is stored in the database the admin can easily access the details of the voters and the candidates.
- The voters are allowed to vote online they can even vote by sitting at home. Every User allowed to vote only once so there is no chance of duplicated votes.
- This application keeps the data in a centralized way which is available to all the users simultaneously. It is very easy to manage historical data in database. They can easily use the tool that decreases manual hours spending for normal things and hence increases the performance.
ADVANTAGES OF PROPOSED SYSTEM:
- The objective of the VOTING SOFTWARE is to provide better information for the users of this system easily they can vote from anywhere without facing any difficulty.
- The proposed system does not require any physical presence during vote polling or counting. So it is very easy to conduct elections even during the pandemic situations without any spread of disease or human live losses.
- The proposed system has good authentication so only authorized person can able to vote and also cannot vote multiple types.
- Vote Counting can be made very quickly and results will be displayed in few minutes.
- Admin Module
- Add Elections
- Add Candidate.
- View Voter and approve voters
- View the Vote and results
- Voter Module
- Voter Registration
- View Candidate details
Admin Module :
This module has to maintain the information of the candidate and shows the details of the candidate. And also maintains the records of the party and the candidate.
Description: This module the admin can able to create new elections. The elections will be set with the date and so after that date the voters cannot able to vote to that particular election.
Description: This module the admin can able to add the candidates who are going to constitute in the particular election. First they need to select the name of the election, then add candidate name, Party name, Address, Contact number, Photo etc. Once these added, then the voter can able to see the candidate details in their login.
View voter and approve Voters:
Description: In this sub module we can view the entire details of the voters coming from the users who are registered. The admin can able to verify and approve or reject it accordingly. Once the admin approves it, then the user can login
View the vote and results:
Description: In this sub module we can get the results of the election i.e who had won the election with how many votes.
Voter Module :
This allows user to vote for the respective candidate and allows the user to view the candidate details, allows user to view the details of the respective person he voted for.
Description: In this sub module the voter register themselves by add the details such as Name, Date of birth, email id, gender, Phone Number, address, password. Once the voter registers, then the admin should view it and approve it, then only the voter can able to vote in the election. The voter can only login if the admin approves it or else the voter cannot login if the admin rejects.
View Candidate details:
Description: In this sub module we can view the details of the candidates who constitute in the election with their photo, party details etc.
Description: In this sub module we can register our vote. Once the user has registered his vote then again he is not allowed to vote again i.e. only one user can vote only at one time.
- System : Pentium i3 Processor
- Hard Disk : 500 GB.
- Monitor : 15’’ LED
- Input Devices : Keyboard, Mouse
- Ram : 2 GB
- Operating system : Windows 10.
- Coding Language :
- Tool : Netbeans 13
- Database : MYSQL